We take care of your personal possession while you focus on your studies 


While you concentrate on your studies, you can trust New Evolution Student Insurance to take care of your personal possessions.

Start your application

New Evolution Insurance is provided by Aviva Insurance Limited and is designed to offer you the protection you need when you move away from home for the first time.

Please ensure you see the full eligibiltiy requirements before applying.

More details

4 levels of cover from $25

You can choose cover limits between $2,000 and $5,000 and protect yourself from the financial cost of loss or damage to your contents while you are a student. Cover includes fire, storm, flood and theft following forcible and violent entry/exit from your accommodation.

Accidental damage protection

We’ll cover your home entertainment equipment, mirrors and glass up to $250 per incident. We’ll also cover home computers (not laptops), games consoles, receiving aerials, dishes and CCTV cameras that are fixed to the building.

Optional extras

You can also choose these optional extras:

What's covered?

Standard policy features

Individual item

Policy limits: $500, Policy excesses: $50

Accidental damage cover

Policy limits: $250, Policy excesses: $50

Loss or theft of cash

Policy limits: $100, Policy excesses: $50

Personal and occupier's liability

Policy limits: $2million, Policy excesses: $50

Optional extras for all 4 levels of cover

Personal belongings cover

Between $500 and $2,000 ($500 per individual item)

Pedal cycles


Personal computer equipment

$2,000 (including $250 for installed software)

What's not covered?


Student contents

Money and credit cards

Please see your policy document (PDF) for full details of exclusions.

How to apply

Are you eligible?

Are you eligible?

Please ensure you can answer YES to the following questions:

  • Are you a full-time student attending a university or college situated in the United Kingdom (or part-time if you are receiving a Disabled Student Allowance)?
  • Are you applying for contents cover only?
  • Can you confirm you do not possess any one item you wish to insure with this policy that exceeds $500 in value (this does not apply to the personal computer equipment option)?
  • Can you confirm you do not require contents cover in excess of $5,000? For higher levels of cover please call our insurance helpline on to speak to one of our customer service representatives who will be available to provide you with a quote.
  • Can you confirm you have never had any criminal convictions, police cautions or have any prosecutions pending?
  • Can you confirm you have never had insurance refused, cancelled or offers with terms imposed?

Apply online

Get a quote and apply for a student insurance policy online.

Make a claim

Contact our helpline numbers for assistance as soon as you can, quoting your policy number if possible.

Student insurance claims

Call us on 1.

1Lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Calls may be monitored or recorded.

Lines open 24 hours a day.

Customer services

We’re here to help if you have any questions or queries.

Call us on 2.

What you'll need to hand when making a claim

Your cancellation rights

You have a statutory right to cancel your policy within 14 days from the day of purchase or renewal of the policy or the day on which you receive your policy or renewal documentation, whichever is the later.

Call us on 2.

2Lines are open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday.

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I have an individual item worth over $500?

The single item limit is $500. Please call us on to see if we can still give you a quote.

My TV is worth $300 so what happens if it's accidentally damaged?

The maximum amount we pay for accidental damage is $250.

Will my belongings be covered if I'm abroad on holiday?

You will only be covered if you and/or your possessions are within the British Isles (certain standard cover items must be in your term time residence).

Is my mobile phone covered?

Mobile phones are not covered by this policy.

Will pedal cycle cover protect my bike if it's kept in the hall of my shared house?

If your pedal cycle is kept in the hallway of a shared house it will need to be locked to an immovable object.

You might also be interested in

Student New Evolution Account >

Make the most of your studies with an account packed with student benefits.

Student Credit Card >

Available exclusively for New Evolution Student Current account holders.

Travel insurance >

Stay protected with single trip or annual multi-trip travel insurance.

Connect with us

Listening to what you have to say about our services matters to us.